Registration is full.
NO Waiting list.
全部額滿Registration is full.
Remembering with gratitude our virtuous ancestors,
we inherit the past and empower the future.
With loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity,
we adorn ourselves with merits and wisdom.
Registration Deadline：June 11. No registration will be granted after the deadline. From June 12 , all registrants will be reviewed. A “Letter of Acceptance” will be sent out on June 13 to those who are admitted.
Check-in Time：June 30, 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Opening ceremony start at 4:00pm.
Group Capacity：Adults – 40 (ages 30 and above)
English – 35 (ages 17 and above)
Teens – 40 (ages 13 to 16)
Family – 40 pairs (any child aged 8 to 12 must have a parent
or guardian with them throughout the camp period)
How to register：
全部額滿Registration is full.
沒有候補名額No Waiting list.
- We will mainly consider those who can stay the whole time.
- We do not accept telephone registrations or registration by third party..
- Please bring the Letter of Acceptance at check-in.
Check-in Location：Main Office, Great Buddha Hall
Notes to parents：
- Please do not register your child if he/she needs one-on-one supervision.
- Please minimize the interference with lessons and classes, if you decide to stay with the camp.
What you need to bring：
- Health insurance card,
- Toiletry items (toothbrush, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.).
- Sleeping bag, blanket,
- Hat/cap, Flashlight,
- Comfortable clothes for meditation or exercise.
What you must NOT bring：
- Alcoholic beverages,
- Personal electronic devices,
- Expensive jewelry (for which we will not accept any responsibility for lost)
- Dress code : All participants do not wear tan tops and short shorts.
- Chuang Yen Monastery reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the premises if they do not follow camp rules, e.g. being disruptive, not violating the regulations of operation.
- Please notify us as soon as possible, if you are admitted but unable to come.
We could grant admission to others on the waiting list.
- Please do not show up without admission, i.e. Letter of Acceptance during the summer camp period.
- Do respect the monastery, All participants do not wear tank top and shorts.
- For those who decide to drive their own vehicles, please check our website at www.baus.org
for driving directions.
- For those who decide to take public transportation, there will be one (1) shuttle bus service at Cold Spring
train station at 2:00 PM on June 30. Please show up on time, there will be no other bus service.
- For those who decide to take private transportation service, please contact Yifan Transportation Travel Agency at 718-886-8868, or any other limo services.
BAUS is not responsible for any conduction of the transaction.
- For those who fly in at La Guardia International Airport, we suggest to book your return flights no earlier than 6:00 PM on July 4.
This is a Buddhist activity, no mandatory fee, but your donation is welcomed.
Donations may be made by check payable to BAUS with indication for “Summer Camp.”