Registration: 11/19 (Saturday) 2:00pm, 4:00pm Orientation, 6:00pm Introduction
Four Immeasurables (Four Sublime Abidings) Meditation, a kind of Samatha, is a (concentration) technique practiced in early Buddhism, aimed at training the mind to remove one’s resentment while enlightening loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity. It is not only a practical way to govern one’s anger, jealous, malicious, and meddling mind, but also a great dharma way to open one’s happiness in life. It can be regard as a profound foundation for all the meditation practice.
Venerable Dr. Dhammadipa is the Abbot of the Chuang Yen Monastery. He is a professor at Buddhist colleges in Taiwan specializing in Agama and Abhidharama. He was also a visiting professor at Sun Yet-Sen University in Guangzhou, China. He ordained his bachelor and master degress in Sri Lanka whereas doctoral degree in Theology and Religion from the Great Britain. Venerable Dr. Dhammadipa was ordained twenty three years ago.
To uphold a good retreat quality,
Please read the following guidelines carefully before you fill out the application
1. Applicants must be 18 or older, and can behave independently.
2. One who is healthy with right faith and right view, and genuinely interested in learning meditation.
3. During the retreat, all participants will be observing “Noble Silence” and “Eight Precepts (except for those who are suffering from a certain healthy issue)”.
4. Keep your movement slow and mindful to prevent from disturbing others。
5. No telephone is allowed, so please inform your family members and friends
6. If there is any reason you cannot attend after you have sent in your application, please let us know early.
7. Should you break any rule during the time attending the meditation, we may request you to leave.
8. Please bring your own sleeping bag and all you need for your personal use. Bring light and comfortable clothing for meditation. (fabric would not make a lot of noise, do not wear skirts or shorts); we suggest that you wear shoes without shoelaces for the convenience of entering and existing the halls。
9. CYM is situated on higher ground, the morning and evenings can be quite cool. Please dress warm and make sure you bring your jacket, hat and scarf.
10. Don’t bring any valuable articles as we will not be responsible for any loss.
11. Meditation will be instructed in bilingual (English/Chinese), previous meditation experience is not required.
12. To prevent from disturbing the practice of others, please don’t bring your children to the monastery if they can’t maintain “Noble Silence” or sit quietly in the Dhamma Hall.
13. Please park your vehicle to the parking lot behind the Great Buddha Hall if you will be driving to the monastery.
Fee: Chuang Yen Monastery is run on the basis of donation. It welcomes your donation to help cover its costs for hosting this retreat. A donation is welcome when participants register on the first day, or at the end of the retreat. All offering to the Buddha and Sangha are welcome.。
※If you will sponsor a vegetarian meal, please let us know before the retreat.
Arahant Meal $100、Fortune Meal $200、Auspiciousness Meal $300, Wisdom & Compassion Meal $400, Triple Gem Meal $500, Peace Meal ($any amount)
※If you are unable to participate, we welcome your joyfully engagement and merit sharing by sponsoring this retreat, or making offering to the Buddha and Sangha. Please make the check payable to B.A.U.S. All the donation are tax-deductible, send the check to: 2020 Route 301, Carmel, NY 10512.
Please note “8-day meditation retreat” on the bottom of the check.
For more information, please feel free to contact (845)228-4288, ext 103 or email@example.com
********Please come back for more updated information********